For the purposes of the documents that comprise the ‘Legal Pages’, being:
- Website Privacy Statement
- Website Membership & Login
- Terms Governing Access To & Use Of This Website
- Newsletters & RSS Subscriptions
The following definitions will apply:
The ‘Website’, ‘System’, ‘Program’, ‘Site’, ‘Forum’, ‘Screen’, ‘Page’, ‘Article’ and ‘Record’ shall refer to the website located at http://www.middlesex-squash.com and any or all of the information stored, computed, delivered or viewed at this location but will not include pages delivered via this location, being the property of another website (such as embedded content or content delivered or derived from external hosts or providers).
The ‘Website Owner’, ‘Owner’, ‘Association’ ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ and ‘MSRA’, will all refer to the Middlesex Squash & Racketball Association.
The ‘User’, ‘Registered User’, ‘Client’, ‘Visitor’, ‘Client’, ‘Member’, ‘Guest’, and ‘Person’ shall all refer to the person or entity visiting, viewing, receiving, recording or otherwise accessing any part of the website in any device capable of reading it.
Website Membership & Login
Membership at this website is provided as an 'extended service' to members of the Association.
All site members and guests are responsible for knowing the information contained in the following Code of Conduct.
We reserves the right, but do not assume the responsibility, to restrict communication which it deems in its discretion to be harmful to individual guests, damaging to the communities which make up our site, or in violation of our or any third-party rights.
Prohibited profile content, private messaging, message board posting, and e-mailing behaviours include (but are not limited to):
- profanity, vulgarity, or explicit content, For example:
- "masking" by using alternative characters/spellings and spaces to get around profanity filters, leet-speak, and combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Mr. F. Athead)
- "filter testing"
- discussion of or in-character enactments of "cybering" or sexually explicit material
- discussion of or in-character enactments of graphic violence
- hate speech (e.g. racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic, political and religious slurs)
- promotion of or engaging in certain illegal activities, For example: drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape or solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, and copyright violation
- harassment of another specific person (e.g. persistent flaming or continued personal attacks on message boards or "in-character harassment" without prior out-of-character permission.)
- trolling or baiting by putting to the screen inflammatory statements designed to elicit a negative response from the community.
- spamming through repeated posts or off-topic content by word or intent to message boards or lists (e.g. scrolling, flooding, polling, or by a boards post more than once in 48 hours).
- advertising or promoting a business or commercial site without our permission.
- impersonation of another person, site staff or member by either screen name or self-representation (e.g. faking a screen name by using similar-looking characters, "spoofing" speech in a chat room, or claiming to hold an official title or position relating to the site).
- re-registering a banned username, a variation of a banned name, or declarations under a new screen name that you are "really" the banned name or attempts to resubscribe under another address after being put on REVIEW by the moderator.
- off-topic posts or thread hijacking.
These disruptive behaviours are grounds for removal; Our site administrators are the final judges of whether a member's behaviour qualifies as inappropriate or a disruption.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this To find out more.
- Only one account per user.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature (both on site content and in discussion forums).
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read this by Eric Raymond.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
In other words, behave yourself. Treat other members just as you would treat them in person - politely.
If a member of our website has demonstrated he or she cannot behave, the member will have his/her profile banned and will lose his or her username.
These procedures are only meant to be rough guidelines, as each profile, message board, and content situation is different and may require other measures to ensure the community orientation and spirit of the site.
You Can Make this website a Better Place...
Our administrators and moderators can't be everywhere at once. Therefore, if you witness actions in message boards, or other areas of this site that you believe harms a guest, damages us, or violates our or some third-party's rights, please make a note of the time/place where the event occurred and contact a site administrator. If they aren't handy, please see our contact page.
Website Privacy Statement
If you choose to give us personal information, such as your name, contact details and date of birth (for example to process an application or provide you with a subscription to a service) then this will be held and processed by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also need to transfer your personal information to other organisations (such as Sports England for processing of applications) – who will process the data strictly on our behalf.
Use of Your Personal Information.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to perform the services you have requested (such as providing you with the benefits of membership or providing you with information you have asked for) which may involve contacting you by post or e-mail.
- to make parts of the website easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- the reasonable purposes of the Association, acting always within the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- to market to you our and third party products and services and other purposes as you may have consented to in submitting your personal data.
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of an Internet "cookie" to allow our servers to monitor your requirements.
The cookie is stored on your computer. Our servers may request that your computer return a cookie to them. These return cookies do not contain any information supplied by you or any personally identifiable information about you.
Such measures are necessary to allow us to measure the usability of our systems, which will help us to ensure that we understand the requirements of our users. Your browser software should however enable you to block cookies if you wish to.
Terms Governing Access To & Use Of This Website
The use of our website and all domain names that resolve there, is governed by the General Site Terms and Conditions and other relevant sections set out below.
Please read them carefully as by using our web site you indicate your acceptance of them.
General Site Terms and Conditions
Copyright in the information, texts, graphics and material contained herein is owned by us, unless otherwise stated.
The design, arrangement, code and other layout and production elements are created for us by NRG IT Solutions and copyright remains with them for such functional elements, unless otherwise stated.
All trade marks, service marks, company names or logos are the property of their respective holders and no permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, service marks, company names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Portions of this website may contain proprietary and / or confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents that may be protected by intellectual property laws and / or treaties. We permit the copying of portions of our site for the purposes of offline, personal, non-commercial use. Beyond this, you must obtain our permission if you intend to use our data in any way not expressly permitted by this agreement.
You are not allowed to sell, reproduce, or otherwise distribute or disseminate data of any kind originating at, or delivered through, our website without our written permission.
Third-party trademarks, service marks, logos, link texts, images and icons are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
We are constantly updating our services to provide the best possible user experience. We may, at our sole discretion, at any given time and without prior notice, add, modify, improve or discontinue any of the information or services provided at our website.
Links to other sites
Our website includes many references to external websites providing extended content, promotions, advertising and other such information. These references are either inline (textual) or via hyperlinks that may be textually or graphically delivered. We are not responsible for content delivered or sourced outside our website. We do not endorse and are not responsible for content, advertising, opinions, editorial, products or services delivered at, or available through, such resources or websites.
We do not use data from which you can be individually identified.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. If you are using one of the mainstream web browser applications you should be able to configure your browser to restrict or block cookies, or you may wish to delete them. For more information about how to find and accept/reject cookies please consult your browsers help system or manual.
When you submit content that is intended for publication on our website you simultaneously grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free license to publish, display, modify, distribute and syndicate such content worldwide. You also confirm and warrant that you have the required authority to grant the above license to us.
We treat all the information provided by you with the utmost care and security. Any details you give will remain confidential and will only be disclosed where disclosure is made at your request, with your consent or where we are legally obliged to do so.
The information collected by us will be used only for the purposes stated by us and agreed by you. Where we use your personal details to send you information about other products and services we will give you the opportunity to tell us that you do not want them to be used.
We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the holding of personal data. Where we hold data about you we will only use this for the purposes you have agreed to. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you in return for the payment of a small administration fee and to require us to correct any inaccuracies found in such.
We make use of several multimedia items, which require you to have the appropriate plug-ins installed in your browser. If you do not have a particular plug-in already, you may download it from the originators site when prompted to do so by your browser software. Please note that any third-party software is downloaded at your own risk.
We do not warrant the suitability of any such software which is downloaded and accept no liability for any problems with your computer that may arise as a result. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of software to be downloaded for your computer, it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading.
You understand and agree that we and any of our subsidiaries, agents or affiliates shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary loss or damage. This shall include, but not be limited to, losses arising from business interruption, loss of profits, effects on business reputation or goodwill, loss of information or other intangible loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use our service.
The above limitation shall apply whether or not we have been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. Where the exclusion or limitation of liability is restricted our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Use of our website is entirely at your own risk. Services, data and functions are provided subject to availability and for use “As Is”.
We make no express or implied warranties, endorsements or representations whatsoever as to the operation of our website, the information provided, content delivered or any products, services or external entity referenced.
The above Terms constitute the entire general agreement between you and us.
Newsletters & RSS Subscriptions
We are committed to providing excellent service in all of our communications. We created this page to explain to you the terms and conditions applicable when you subscribe to information feeds (including RSS and Newsletter) from our website.
We offer FREE subscriptions to our content which currently includes certain RSS feeds, Team, Club, Association and Sectional Newsletters and (from time to time) other syndicated information.
You may print or download the articles for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary notices. All other rights are reserved.
Subscription and Cancellation Policy
You have the option to subscribe to any or all of our available publications or feeds, at any time and without limit. We give you this option so you have an opportunity to fully evaluate the information at your leisure. You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Fees, Charges, Payment
There is no charge for any information subscription service offered on this web site. You will never be asked to pay for using our information subscription services.
You can cancel your subscription at any time for any reason. After your subscription is cancelled no further information will be sent.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Any such changes will be posted online on this page. If you do not agree with the new terms and conditions your only option is to cancel your subscription according to the terms set forth above.
Your subscription is for your personal use and must be to your own personal email address. We will automatically blacklist invalid addresses with all appropriate agencies and will, at our discretion, pass your details to the Police and other relevant Cyber Crime agencies if you use someone else’s email address without their permission.
If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions of your subscription please contact us before you commit to the subscription.
Complaints or Queries
For further information about us or if you wish to complain about any aspect of the service you have received from us, please contact us at:
You can contact us by email or telephone using the details on our Contacts Page.